10 Easy Calorie Burning Tips
1. Take the long way- don't park in the first spot next to the door at the mall- park at the far end and walk.
2. Take walk breaks at work.
3. Always opt for the stairs and skip the elevator (unless of course you work on the 21st floor).
4. Try standing on the bus or subway and give up your seat.
5. Keep some hand held free weights by the couch. When you are watching your favorite show, grab them and do some arm exercises- hey you are already sitting there! And if you are not into free weights, try some isometric exercises by contracting and relaxing muscle groups. This works sitting at your desk at work too!
6. Have a dog? Don't just let him out, take him for a walk.
7. When you bring the grocery bags in from the car, bring them in one at a time so that you are making multiple trips.
8. Have a ball- an exercise ball that is. Substitute it for a chair or your couch. Just sitting on the ball will make you work to maintain balance, this also helps with posture. Try contracting your abs while sitting for some added benefit.
9. Walk faster or swinging your arms when you walk.
10. Putting off cleaning the house- don't! House work is great exercise- plus the house looks great- BONUS!